Skip directly to searchSkip directly to the site navigationSkip directly to the page's main content

Available Services for Community Water Systems Compliance

If your drinking water comes from a public water system: Your water supplier is required by law to monitor the system regularly and to meet state and federal standards. For community water systems, your water supplier is required to provide all customers with a Consumer Confidence Report that summarizes test results. You can also get test results for your water system by contacting your water supplier or the NJDEP Bureau of Safe Drinking Water Implementation at (609) 292-5550. If your drinking water comes from a private well: You are responsible for testing. The NJDEP recommends that you use a laboratory that is NJDEP-certified. You can call NJDEP Office of Quality Assurance at (609) 292-3950 for information on laboratories certified to test drinking water. Testing is required during the sale of residential real estate when a well is the source of water. For more information, contact the NJDEP Private Well Testing Program, or call (866) 479-8378.

The information provided above is from the Department of Health's NJSHAD web site ( The information published on this website may be reproduced without permission. Please use the following citation: " Retrieved Thu, 11 August 2022 20:08:22 from Department of Health, New Jersey State Health Assessment Data Web site: ".

Content updated: no date