DefinitionSee graph-specific data notes
NumeratorSee graph-specific data notes
DenominatorSee graph-specific data notes
Why Is This Important?Demographics are an important determinant of health and well-being.
How Do We Compare With the U.S.?Compared to the US as a whole, the population of New Jersey:
* is older
* is more racially and ethnically diverse
* has a higher proportion of foreign-born residents
* has a higher proportion of residents who speak English "less than very well"
* has a lower proportion with a disability
* has a higher high school graduation rate
* has a lower poverty rate
* has the same unemployment rate
* has a longer average travel time to work
* has a higher median income
* has the same rate of income inequality.