NJ Life Expectancy Query Outcome Measure Selection
- Select a measure of interest from those listed below. Click its text link to go to the corresponding query builder page.
- For further explanation of the measures, hover your cursor over the selection bar and a description of the measure will appear. Question mark bubbles to the right of some items provide additional information for those measures.
- Dataset help and documentation
- Life expectancy from birth is very sensitive to infant and child mortality. Life expectancy from age 65 is less sensitive to infant and child mortality than life expectancy from birth and is thought to better represent overall adult health status.
stable life expectancy statisticshould be based on a population of at least 5,000 persons.
- There are many methods for life expectancy calculation.
Estimates from NJSHAD should only be compared to other estimates from NJSHAD.
- Life Expectancy at Birth
Life Expectancy From BirthThis module returns the expected number of years of life from birth.
- Life Expectancy at Age 65
Life Expectancy From Age 65This module returns the expected number of years of life from age 65.
- Life Table
Life TableThis module returns the expected number of years of life remaining for persons of a given age, at five-year age intervals.