NJ Provisional 2020 Death Data Query Outcome Measure Selection
THE DATA IN THIS QUERY MODULE ARE NOT FINALIZED.All counts shown are subject to change and should only be used for public health surveillance purposes, not research. Some records may have invalid or out-of-range values that still need correction.
- The total death count for a given date is mostly complete about a week after that date. However, cause of death coding takes at least a week and sometimes longer than a month for some records, therefore the most recent deaths have blank causes of death.
- The module will be updated every time cause of death codes are updated, which occurs every 7 to 14 days. The date the dataset was last updated will show in the Query Date Time Stamp below the Data Table after a query is submitted.
- Some but not all deaths of NJ residents that occurred out of state are included.
- Full notes for provisional death data
- VIDEO: How the NJ Department of Health Counts Deaths Associated With COVID-19
- Understanding the Numbers and Death Certificate Data (goes to CDC website)
- Mortality dataset help and documentation