WHAT'S NEW IN NJSHAD
- 2017 Infant Death Data (Jul 2019)
- New prevalence reports for COPD, High Blood Pressure, and High Cholesterol (Jun 2019)
- 2018 STD Incidence Data (Jun 2019) 2018 rates added July 2019
- 2017 Behavioral Risk Factor Survey (Jun 2019)
- Adult Asthma Prevalence (May 2019)
- 2018 Provisional Birth Statistics (May 2019)
- Finalized 2017 Death Data (May 2019)
DID YOU KNOW THAT NJBRFS...
- stands for NJ Behavioral Risk Factor Survey?
- is a telephone survey of NJ adults (age 18 and older) that's been ongoing since 1991?
- provides prevalence data on a variety of chronic diseases, like asthma, depression, and diabetes?
- provides rates for risky behaviors, like smoking, not wearing a seatbelt, or not exercising?
- is a source of screening data, like rates for mammograms and cholesterol tests?
- is part of the national Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)?
- Go to NJBRFS Indicator Reports and Data Query
The New Jersey Department of Health's State Health Assessment Data (NJSHAD) System provides access to public health datasets, statistics, and information on the health status of New Jerseyans. If you're new to NJSHAD, start here: